Sunday 8 September 2013

Rumpunch - "Rumpunch" (self released)

"I was having a laugh about some of my song writing on this record today as I was uploading up the tracks, all of the songs on there are least 5 years old, if not way older. It brought back some really cool memories. I miss having a band to call my own. In a lot of ways my solo work is nothing more than a cross between Rumpunch and Thundas. I learnt a lot about music from this band and I'll never forget that." (Words from Tuka's facebook page)

"Rumpunch" è un album dell'omonima band australiana uscito cinque anni fa in CD ma che vede la luce solo ora in versione "name your price" su Bandcamp. Dodici tracce fresche e ritmate che raccolgono influenze da tutto quel filone che raccoglie reggae, dub, ska, funk e hip-hop, latin e quant'altro. Nulla di eccezionalmente nuovo sotto il sole, ma Rumpunch hanno la capacità di trasmettere allegria e spensieratezza, tra semplici frasi di fiati all'unisono, ritmiche in levare, cori e assoli vari. Musica che una quindicina di anni fa era molto in voga e che comunque suona sempre attuale. Tacche rosse nella barra del volume, t-shirt gettate sui divani, freschi drink e gocce di sudore che saltellano da un corpo all'altro. Go on!


Artist: Rumpunch
Title: Rumpunch
Label: self released
Style: hip-hop
Date: September 05, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.